Set within a harbor front property in New South Wales, Australia lies today’s share and the latest project to roll out of hess|hoen studios. Touted as specialists in the area of adaptive reuse, the Hess, Hoen duo found themselves uniquely suited to the tasks at hand – specifically, infusing the waterfront property with contemporary updates, all while maintaining its inherent historical details.
A little about the firm – Founded by Brian Hess and Paul Hoen, hess|hoen is a bi-continental architectural studio with offices in Sydney, Australia and Oslo, Norway. The design duo specialize in adaptive reuses and place a special emphasis on what they describe as the three spaces – the inside space, the outside space and the “third space” which refers to the transition between inside and out.
Photography © Prue Ruscoe
shop THE POST
LEFT TO RIGHT – TOP TO BOTTOM:
1. CHESTER MOON ARMCHAIR – by Paola Navone - Baxter
2. BB.08.03 CHANDELIER – by Lindsey Adelman
3. SUMMER ARMS EASY CHAIR – by Paola Navone - Baxter
4. 180W MODERN PENDANT LIGHT – $119.99 at Light In The Box
5. ACAPULCO CHAIR – $430 standard or 470 with copper base - Horne
6. EXPOSED THERMOSTATIC SHOWER – $1,696 and up – Waterworks
7. BLOOMINGVILLE BUTTERFLY CHAIR – $375 through Amara
8. ZIGZAG & DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH TILE - Popham Design
9. ERA BACKLESS BARSTOOL – by Michael Thonet – Design Within Reach
until next week…