This enviable triplex in the Emperor’s Gate area of London recently scored The Sunday Times British Homes Awards win of best 2014 Interior Design. The renovation was led by the boutique London practice Dyer Grimes Architecture, working in collaboration with a young Swiss family to combine three flat levels into a cohesive new home.
At the structure’s core, the team brought in light and drama with a new central atrium and sculptural staircase. On the basement level, a dark environment, and numerous ad hock additions and alterations were brightened by a sleek new open plan, polished concrete flooring, exposed brick and a luxe Italian kitchen.
One flight up, on the ground level, the area was cleared of a series of small rooms to allow for the new staircase and airy living room.
As for the top level, the entire floor is devoted to a luxury master suite, complete with bedroom, dressing room, en suite bath, sitting room, roof terrace and a beautifully unexpected color palette. While the basement maintains a modernist aesthetic, the architectural team took care to maintain the original Victorian moldings and trim throughout the top two levles. The result – an award winning home! All photography by Jack Hobhouse.
SHOP THE LOOK
CLICK IMAGE TO LINK TO PRODUCT
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP
1. SOFA – York Square Arm Slipcovered Sofa – Pottery Barn
2. CHANDELIER – Zeppelin S1 Chandelier – YLighting
3. PILLOW (TAN) – Cashmere Como Pillow – Taupe – DSHOP
4. PILLOW (BLACK) – Tuxedo Pillow – Barneys
5. VASE – Elizabeth Lyons Mini Teardrop Vase – Barneys
6. WALLPAPER – Vivien Westwood Squiggle in Red & White – Occa-Home
7. PAINT (LIGHT) – Lulworth Blue No. 89 – Farrow & Ball
8. PAINT (DARK) – Stone Blue No. 86 – Farrow & Ball
9. CHAIR – CH25 Easy Chair by Hans J. Wegner – DSHOP
10. PENDANT LIGHTS – Clamp Light – Lindsey Adelman
11. CHAISE LOUNGE – FK87 Grasshopper Chaise Lounge – DSHOP