Set within the Trocadéro neighborhood of Paris, with views of the Eiffel Tower and the Seine, lies François Champsaur’s recent interior triumph. The task, as laid out by the client, was a complete overhaul of a 5,382 square foot apartment that had not seen a renovation in 40 years. Champsaur balanced his client’s wishes for a dramatic new look with a respect for the original architecture by clearing out not only false ceilings, but also almost all internal walls to reveal a stripped back light-filled space. From there, he defined the various rooms through a series of sculptural partitions, all while maintaining a timeless palette of oak, glass, bronze and marble. The result is a gallery-like space, featuring dramatic statement pieces by wrought iron master Eric Schmitt and custom furnishings by François Champsaur. Enjoy the tour!
Photography by Bernard Touillon.
brass sculpture by Alfred Basbous.
shop THE LOOK
CLICK IMAGE TO LINK TO PRODUCT
1. SOFA – York Square Arm Slipcovered Sofa – Pottery Barn
2. MIRROR – Silver Round Mirror – DSHOP
3. SCULPTURE – Brass Bull – Jonathan Adler
4. CHAIR – 836 Tre Pezzi Chair by Franco Albini – Cassina
5. SCREEN – Alvar Aalto screen 100 – Hive
6. CHANDELIER – Branching Chandelier – Lindsey Adelman
7. TABLE – Hans Hourglass Side Table – Jonathan Adler
8. PENDANT LIGHT – Beacon Pendant Light – Holly Hunt
9. FABRIC – Hand Dipped Ombre – Rosemary Hallgarten